Below you will find a list of our most frequently asked questions. We hope that the answers provided will be useful to you. However, if you have other questions not listed below please contact us
and we'll be happy to help.
What is WeBuyAnyGadget.com and which gadgets can I sell?
We Buy Any Gadget is an independent UK based mobile phone, tablet and electrical gadgets reuse & recycling company. Get cash back for your brand new phone, tablet, MacBook or other electrical gadgets. By following our easy steps we shall pay you for selling your brand new electrical gadgets. If your brand new gadget is not listed, please call or email us for an instant quotation. For further information on the company see our about us
How can I find out what type of gadget I have and how much it's worth?
The model of your mobile phone, tablet or MacBook can be found on the reverse of its box or printed on the box itself. By looking at this you should be able to tell the make and model of your item. If you are still unsure then you can browse
all our models by make to find yours. Or alternatively on the homepage, put the model of your phone into the search box i.e. Samsung S5 and press search. When the model is found simply follow the on screen prompts.
How long does it take to receive payment for my gadget?
The same day after you upload the order you will have the option to print out your order and send it to us along with your mobile phone, tablet or MacBook to our PO Box Address, no need to wait for a welcome pack or jiffy bag to arrive. Once we have received and inspected your item we shall issue payment within 48 Hours.
Why is the price I was quoted different to actual price offered?
You should bear in mind that your quote is only valid for 14 calendar days. If your item arrives outside of this period you may be offered a lower price if the market price for this item has fallen. Please also note that sometimes when items arrive they are not in full working order or with accessories missing. In this case we make an estimate and we deduct this cost from the original quote when we make our offer to you.
Does the colour of the phone matter?
To keep life simple we pay you the same amount of money for whatever colour your mobile or tablet has.
How can WeBuyAnyGadget.com pay more when the market leaders pay less?
Quite simple, as our operational costs are lower than most of our competitor's and we are an established reseller we are able to pay a higher price for brand new items.
What if my network provider has locked my mobile phone or tablet?
Before we could use or resell a network locked phone or tablet in a developing country or even on alternative networks the phone or tablet would need to be unlocked. If your phone is brand new & boxed and sim free (factory unlocked) not jail broken or rooted you will receive the highest price we offer.
Do you buy "stolen / barred / Blacklisted" mobile phones?
ABSOLUTELY NOT, we use checkmend.com for every mobile phone, tablet, MacBook or gadget we receive, any found to be reported stolen / barred / blacklisted we shall not pay. Your details will also be passed to a law enforcement agency and your item WILL NOT be returned. The item will remain with us and are available to the authorities if they wish to take them away for prosecution. We DO NOT sell these phones or export them (like some other recyclers and in the news Aug 2010).
Do you buy fakes?
Fakes are illegally produced and can be dangerous. We never accept them.
How many phones, tablets or MacBooks can I sell to you?
As many as you have!
Please read the "Item Condition" guide below carefully to ensure we pay you the full amount and without any delay.
What do I need to send to you in order to get paid the full amount?
We do require the full package, the item with all accessories and original box to be sent in order to offer full payment. If accessories are missing, not original, used or box is missing or damaged we may give an alternative offer.
What is an IMEI number?
International Mobile Equipment Identity number known as IMEI is a 15 number "registration number" of a mobile phone. You can get it out of the phone by typing *#06# into the phone or by taking the battery out of the phone and looking on the label underneath.
Why do you need the IMEI?
It will speed up the payment process as we will be able to assign the phone to your account quicker. It also allows us to check the status of the phone via www.checkmend.com
How long is the price I uploaded the phone for valid, what happens if it goes down?
We will honour the price for 14 calendar days from your order process date. After that we reserve the right to lower the price to the current market value. So send them QUICKLY!
How do I send my order to you?
We recommend you to use Royal mail special, next day (insured) delivery service for high value item to ensure safe delivery of your item.
Do I need to pay for the postage?
We do recommend you to use Royal mail special, next day (insured) delivery service for high value items to ensure safe delivery.
How do I know when you have my item?
When your item is received you are automatically emailed to tell you it has arrived.
How do I know when you have sent payment?
When we send you payment, you are automatically emailed to tell you this.
What happens if my item is lost in the post? How do I get paid?
We are unable to pay you for any item not arrived and you will need to file a claim via the Post Office.
I sent my item(s) ages ago, why haven't I been paid?
There could be several reasons for this:
- The item may have been lost in the post, please check the tracking information online.
- You may not have included the ORDER REFERENCE with your phone, so we have no idea who you are - Please email us with the phones IMEI number or item's serial number and tracking reference.
- We may have the item and it was tested as faulty or an incorrect model. We will have emailed you information about this, please check your email (including your SPAM FOLDER!)
We specialise in purchasing the latest smartphones, mobile phones, tablets and other electrical items. If an item is not listed on our site please give us a call to verify if we still buy that item.
We recommend you take note of your IMEI number in case there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number can be found printed on the box itself.
Each mobile phone, tablet or MacBook sold to us should match the make and model in the sale order and meet the following conditions:
Brand New and Boxed
To receive the full value of your new mobile phone, tablet or MacBook is dependent on ALL of these conditions being met below:
- The item must be in perfect working order with NO faults and completely unused (deleted calls or data can still be located).
- The device must be original (UK/European spec) and meet the manufacturer's original specifications.
- The item should not be at any case a refurbished /reconditioned, an insurance replacement or a counterfeit.
- The item should not have its sim or memory card glued in.
- If it's a mobile phone, there must be no calls or "personal data" saved on the phone and call timer must be zero.
- All phones should have no calls have been made or received or else phone is classified as used.
- The item must not have any marks or scratches on the body or screen.
- All protective screen seals must not have never been removed and show no signs of use.
- The box of the item should be of original manufacturer, not generated or white box and it should not be damaged, ripped or damaged in any way.
- The IMEI or serial number on the box must match that on the phone (damaged or missing IMEI stickers or serial numbers are not permitted).
- All unopened accessories (battery, mains charger, headphones) and user manuals etc. must be supplied, original and be completely unused and brand new.
- The memory card, stylus, etc. should be included if one was supplied by the manufacturer of service provider.
If you submit a sale order with an item that you have classed as "Brand New Boxed" and we test and find that the item is not "brand new boxed", we shall tell you this and supply you with the fault reason and a revised price for your item by e-mail & text. You will have 5 calendar days to accept or decline our offer by emailing us with subject Accept/Decline Revised Price. If you do not reply within 5 calendar days we shall process your order at the revised price.
If you request an item back that has failed testing (previously classified by you as brand new boxed) we can return it at your own cost.